News & Events
ASA Hiring Administrative Assistant - September 11.2017
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
The Archives Society of Alberta (ASA) is a professional association which strives to create a cohesive and engaged archival community by providing its members with the opportunities for professional assistance, continuing education, awareness initiatives, online presence and other services that the provincial archival community requires to assist the people of Alberta, Canada, and the world in experiencing the province’s unique archival heritage.
The Archives Society of Alberta (ASA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform general administrative duties, manage our membership database, and communicate with ASA members. The position is part-time, permanent (10 hours per week) and the location is in Edmonton, Alberta. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director/Archives Advisor. Some travel is required for this position.
Maintaining a membership database;
Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Archives Society of Alberta’s meetings, conferences, workshops and events;
Maintaining the ASA filing system;
Assisting with ASA mailing
Coordinating and completing communications, such as membership renewal notices, newsletters, notices of meetings;
Producing the ASA newsletter by seeking article contributions and creating newsletter layout.
- Completion of a post-secondary program (certificate, diploma, and/or baccalaureate);
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Access as well as Adobe Creative applications including Photoshop and InDesign;
- Excellent communication, organizational and people skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Not-for-profit work experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of archives and the archival community is an asset.
Duration: Part-time, permanent for 10 hours per week
Location: Edmonton, AB
How to Apply: E-mail Rene Georgopalis, Executive Director/Archives Advisor at email@example.com by September 25, 2017.