News & Events
Job Posting: Office Coordinator - May 8.2020
Job Posting: Office Coordinator
The Archives Society of Alberta (ASA) is a professional association that builds resilient archival professionals and organizations that meet the needs of their communities. We strive to achieve our mission by providing an advisory services program, an online archival database, an archival supplies loan program, an online directory of archival institutions in Alberta, professional development opportunities, and organized advocacy efforts.
ASA is seeking an Office Coordinator to perform general administrative duties and to provide financial management services. The position is part-time permanent for 7 hours per week in Edmonton, Alberta. The Office Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director. Some travel is required for this position.
- Depositing cheques and paying bills received by the ASA;
- Processing claims received under various grants programs;
- Maintaining the payroll;
- Reconciling bank statements monthly;
- Keeping all banking records in good order;
- Maintaining the investments;
- Preparing monthly financial statements and other financial reports as required;
- Preparing and monitoring the overall budget with the Treasurer and the Executive Director;
- Producing quarterly and annual reports to federal and provincial granting agencies;
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of ASA's meetings, conferences, workshops and events;
- Assisting with mailing, purchasing office supplies and other errands;
- Producing the newsletter by seeking newsletter contributions and creating newsletter layout.
- Training and experience with standard bookkeeping as well as generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office as well as Adobe Creative applications including Photoshop and InDesign;
- Excellent communication, organizational and people skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Not-for-profit work experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of archives and the archival community is an asset.