News & Events
YCW Internship posting: Indigenous Archives Advisor - May 2.2018
The Archives Society of Alberta is hiring an intern to support its Archives Advisory Services program to better meet the needs of Indigenous communities in Alberta. Please note that in addition to ASA's criteria, candidates must meet the requirements of Young Canada Works as outlined here: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/young-canada-works/students-graduates/careers-heritage-graduates.html. For those who are applying for this position, please specify in your covering letter that you meet the YCW criteria.
The ASA is working towards meeting the needs of Alberta’s Indigenous communities to develop archival programs and to offer an Indigenous Archives course. The Indigenous Advising project is an extension of ASA’s current advising services. Reporting to the ASA’s Executive Director/Archives Advisor, the Indigenous Archives Advisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting Indigenous communities with their archival needs
- Developing course material for a pilot Indigenous Archives course
- Establishing relationships with various Indigenous communities in Alberta
- Advising on general archival practices as needed
- Researching and compiling a report on Indigenous archives needs in Alberta
- Travelling throughout the province
- Team-work with Executive Director/Archives Advisor
- A Master’s degree in an archival studies program or equivalent training and experience
- Strong understanding of archival standards, principles and practices
- Experience in Indigenous protocols is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Compensation: $22/hour. The position is full-time temporary for four months of employment, July 2 to November 2, 2018.
Application Deadline: May 28, 2018
How to apply: Please send your resumé and covering letter to Rene Georgopalis, Executive Director/Archives Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-10408 124 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5N 1R5.
For information on ASA's current Archives Advising program, please visit our website here.