Grants – Education
The Education and Travel Grant Program
The Education and Travel Grant Program provides ASA individual members with funding to assist their professional development and ongoing learning needs.
Education Assistance Programs
Bursary for current full time students in a graduate archival studies degree program or equivalent
Tuition Support for those who are completing a course at a post-secondary institution in the fields of archives administration or records management
Travel Assistance Programs
Education Program Travel Assistance (Archives Institute) for attendees of the Archives Institute offered through the ASA Educational Program
ASA Conference Travel Grant for those who wish to attend or are presenting at the ASA biennial conference
Professional Development Travel Assistance (non-ASA events) for those who wish to attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to archival activities
The following individuals are eligible to apply for the Education and Travel Grants:
- residents of Alberta, or those whose permanent address is in Alberta, and
- current individual members of the ASA
- Relationship of the application to the purpose of the grant applied for
- Evidence that the applicant has applied to other possible funding sources
- Evidence of the applicant’s commitment to the archival profession in the form of employment and / or volunteer time in archives, or commitment to archival education and training.
For more details on each grant, application forms, deadlines and funding amounts, please click on the grant name in the right column. Please note that funding for the ASA’s grant program may vary annually depending on available funding.