Grants - Education - Bursary
To provide an incentive for promising Alberta students or professionals to obtain graduate education in archival studies.
Use of Grant:
Tuition, books, and other related expenses.
$1500 available per membership year. This sum may be divided if more than one application is approved.
Applicants must be current ASA individual members who are resident Albertans (or those whose permanent address is in Alberta) accepted as a full-time first or second year student in a graduate program of archival studies or equivalent.
Criteria for selection:
- Academic and/or professional merit
- Potential for contributing to Alberta’s archival community
- Preference will be given to first-time applicants.
Applications should be received no later than July 30. Grants will be awarded before the end of September.
Grants will be paid in two installments:
- One-half of the amount at the beginning of the first semester of the academic year, and
- One-half of the amount at the beginning of the second semester, pending submission of proof of continuing enrolment in the program.
To ensure that applicants understand the Education and Travel Grant Program policies, they must consult the Education and Travel Grant Program Policies before applying.