News & Events
ASA is hiring: Administrative Assistant - April 1.2021
The Archives Society of Alberta (ASA) is a professional association that builds resilient archival professionals and organizations that meet the needs of their communities. We strive to achieve our mission by providing an advisory services program, an online archival database, an archival supplies loan program, an online directory of archival institutions in Alberta, professional development opportunities, and organized advocacy efforts.
The Archives Society of Alberta (ASA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform general administrative duties, manage our membership database, and communicate with ASA members. The position is part-time, permanent (7 hours per week) and the location is in Edmonton, Alberta. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director/Archives Advisor. Some travel is required for this position.
- Maintaining a membership database;
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Archives Society of Alberta’s meetings, conferences, workshops and events;
- Maintaining the ASA filing system;
- Assisting with ASA mailing
- Coordinating and completing communications, such as membership renewal notices, newsletters, notices of meetings;
- Producing the ASA newsletter by seeking article contributions and creating newsletter layout.
- Completion of a post-secondary program (certificate, diploma, and/or baccalaureate);
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Access as well as Adobe Creative applications including Photoshop and InDesign;
- Excellent communication, organizational and people skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Not-for-profit work experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of archives and the archival community is an asset.
Duration: Part-time, permanent for 7 hours per week
Location: Edmonton, AB
How to Apply: E-mail Rene Georgopalis, Executive Director/Archives Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2021.